Friday, March 5, 2010

Where I've been.... Where I'm going....

Time can get away from you. Life goes right with it. I find that when things get really busy for a while, I’ll suddenly look at a calendar and realize the month has changed and I didn’t even realize it. I feel like I missed February altogether. The 50 hour work weeks ate a bunch of it... The commute ate most of the rest.... I’m sure there was some life in there somewhere.... when I wasn’t sleeping.

I had a physical recently. I was expecting to blow it away. You see, back around November I decided to make some changes. I cut out soda entirely (this was a reduction of a good 2 liters of Dr. Pepper daily) and went from eating fast food 7-8 times a week to maybe once every two weeks. I started exercising almost daily. I lost 12 pounds. I was joking with Allison that I was going to whip her on the blood test (she had a physical recently also). I was expecting to dominate.

I didn’t.

It turns out my cholesterol is all out of whack. High on the bad. Low on the good. And not just a little bit.

So it’s back to the drawing board. More exercising. More dietary changes. I’m eating almonds like they’re actually good. Which they aren’t. I’m actually going to bed at night to try to get at least 7 hours of sleep. I’m taking fish oil capsules.

What happened to me?

So anyhow, I’ve been rather busy of late but am making an effort to slow things back down and get all this back in check. There have been no recent blogs cause I haven’t stopped long enough to collect my thoughts. This is sort of an apology for the gap blog. We’ll see if I can do better on that.

No promises, of course.

5 ½ months till the next blood test. We’ll see if I can whip my blood into shape between now and then. I’m guessing this will not be the summer of the root beer float.

Such is life.

Apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment