It has been some time now since the last list was provided by my blog. It’s been even longer since I’ve supplied my faithful few readers with a “Something you might not have known about....” entry. Revisit the 2010 entries if you are unfamiliar with these. You can learn a great deal about cubicles and rhinos. I will hopefully provide a new entry along those lines in the near future, but first – a new list!
The following list is not an “all time favorite” list, but is rather a list based on my current enjoyment levels. Humans are a rather fickle species, so it is entirely possible this list will change drastically in a short time and will be looked back on with embarrassment. I rather doubt the last part since I have no great talent for embarrassment anymore. Without further rambles, here is the latest list for your edification.
The TOP ten bands in no particular order which I am enjoying listening to at the present time but might feel different about come Autumn.
1. The Watson Twins – I know almost nothing about this band, but I picked up their “Talking to You, Talking to Me” record up at the Library and am listening to it several times a week. Very cool vibe and excellent instrumentation.
2. The Decemberists – “the king is dead” is a constant rotator at the present time. I also regularly revisit the other Decemberist albums hanging about in my walkman. I lament Valencia on a monthly basis.
3. She & Him – This is the band featuring Zooey Deschanel. It has a really pleasant throwback sound as though my radio was a time machine. More appliances should provide time travel capabilities.
4. The National – Simply amazing. Always wanting more.
5. Flobots – This is another group retrieved from the library. I like to throw up a hand and rap in the car. I sound amazing when I rap.
6. The Swell Season – I’ve enjoyed them for a while, but recently seeing the movie “Once” revitalized my interest all over again. So this is a music and movie recommendation. Hold on tightly.
7. The Arcade Fire – No. I haven’t completely worn out “The Suburbs” yet, but I am probably getting close to it. Still very happy that a group I like won a Grammy.
8. The Avett Brothers – I am on a mission to somehow make these brothers adopt me. They seem like such wonderful brothers to have.
9. Justin Brinker – Hymns of the Broken. The Debut release from a Dallas area musician. It’s rather good. Nice ambient vibe and thoughtful lyrics. Looking forward to hearing more from him in the future.
10. Duffy – Guilty Pleasure. I’ve been listening to the “endlessly” album frequently in the last couple of months. Don’t judge me and I won’t judge you.